Friday, December 27, 2013

2013: Another Year, Another Story to Tell



Um, is this real life? Are we already almost in 2014? I swear it was 1999 yesterday.


The year of 2013 was certainly an eventful one. From beginning to the end, there were many things that took place. If you are at all interested in what I’ve been up to this year, read further! If not, read anyways. And hey, you might be in it :)


1. To start the year off right, I got to travel out of the country for the first time! In March, one of my best gal pals Rachael and I took a trip to Ireland. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I loved being exposed to a new culture, different people, and different places. What I learned: Irish men are hot, jam is awesome, and goat cheese goes great in sandwiches. It rocked. I got to satisfy my travel craving for a bit but I’ve still strongly desired a big trip again… but that shall wait. Maybe more in 2014? (To read more about my trip, read the previous blog post!)



2. I turned 25… say what? Last I checked, I was 12 years old. How did that happen?

3. I visited another new city for the first time: Denver, CO. I was so glad I could finally visit a place that I want to move to eventually! While I was there, I was able to meet with new people, explore the city, visit the church, go hiking, and I was also able to do my first real grown up thing as a 25 year old- rent a car! It rocked. 


4. Made new friendships: You all know who you are. This summer was very eventful and a huge part was because of a lot of the new people I met this summer. Great and positive friendships were developed and my heart is happy. 


5. Work kept me extremely busy. As a member of the fundraising committee at my work, I was able to set up several fundraising events in the valley that helped raise money for our foster kids for Christmas… and oh how much fun (and exhausting) it was! Work load is increasing and responsibilities are getting bigger. Now going on almost two years at my job as a Case Manager, I am more comfortable with my job and what I do. I am tired, busy, but happy. The Lord knew that this job would fit me perfectly. 

6. I was ordained as an Elder at my church and was officially given the position as the Youth Director at my church! I have felt extremely honored and blessed to be entrusted to take on these major roles in my church and be a part of major events that took place this year (Vacation Bible School, youth rally, Family Christmas, community events, etc). I am also involved in different departments in the church so it's been quite the adventure.

7.  MY BEST FRIEND GOT MARRIED!!!!!! I was honored to be a part of her big day as maid of honor! It was awesome being a part of the wedding and to witness the marriage of my best friend and her other half. It was a beautiful occasion. 


8. MY TWIN SISTER GOT MARRIED!!!!!! I was also HER Maid of Honor! It was an incredible wedding weekend. Family from all over the country came in town to witness this huge occasion. I was so blessed and honored to also be a part of her wedding! I also loved that for once, people did NOT confuse the two of us since she was the one wearing the wedding dress ;) It was epic. It was beautiful. 



             This year involved a lot of everything: Weddings, engagements, travel (Ireland, Utah, NYC, Chicago, LA, Colorado, etc), work, tears, laughs, love, and much more. I still have my health and my amazing family that get me through the rough times and who are still my constant voice of reason. I have done a good amount of self-discovery, reflection, and learned more about myself and my goals than I ever have before. Reflecting back on this year, it is evident that each year flies by as we get older! I thought that was something only old people said, but apparently I’m old now because goodness gracious, where did the time go? Looking forward to 2014 because I have been making big and life changing plans, so stay tuned! What was the highlight of YOUR year? Was it what you expected? Happy almost- New Year to you and yours! We’re getting older but our blessings are growing bigger. Looking forward to next year. 

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment